Fellowship Shell Server

Martin Gollowitzer gollo at fsfe.org
Thu Mar 14 10:11:32 UTC 2013

* Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi> [130313 23:41,
  mID <84ppz27wk2.fsf at sauna.l.org>]:

> There are plenty of providers that already offer cheap shell accounts or
> complete virtual machines. I'm really not sure why FSFE should start
> offering these.

I fully agree. FSFE should concentrate on its core mission. Investing
money and time (both of which are are highly limited within FSFE) into
services that are available elsewhere at low prices would take up
capacities from duties that are probably more important. Despite that,
legal risks must also be taken into account in this discussion.

Just my €0,02

Martin