Hardware vendors offering free or any software preinstalled

Vicen Rodriguez Vicen_Rodriguez at fsfe.org
Tue Mar 5 23:16:40 UTC 2013

Hello Guido:

I think it is preferable to open a new discussion for this subject.

El dom, 03-03-2013 a las 15:51 +0100, Guido Arnold escribió:

> Like many of us, I went through the same nightmare and started a
> collection of hardware vendors who sell either without any software or
> even with Free Software preinstalled:
>
> https://www.wiki.fsfe.org/Hardware%20Vendors

Great and useful list, but I think it will be much better if we help to
update it. Regarding the two vendors in your list having Spain (ES) as
country:

- Gnuinos (http://www.gnuinos.com/): At this moment, at least in the
website, they are offering only two (2) computers models (desktop/tower)
without OS. No netbooks, no laptops, no barebones. But two is more than
nothing.
- Tuxbrain (https://www.tuxbrain.net/): In 07/05/2012 they decided to
stop selling, as they say in their blog:
http://www.tuxbrain.com/content/estamos-de-liquidaci%C3%
B3n-total-barato-barato-aka-tuxbrains-reborn

I've found also a link that does not work for me:

- Ahtec (http://www.ahtec.nl/): Does not work from my computer.

In the other hand, you can add some more Spanish vendors:

- Ahtec (http://www.ahteconline.com/): Sells laptops and desktops that
can be bought without OS.
- Azken Muga (http://www.azkenmuga.es/): Workstations and mobile
workstations with Linux.
- Imavisions (http://www.imavisions.com/;
http://portatilesconlinux.com/): Sells laptops with Linux (but it seems
the site is not updated since September 2012).
- Linux Ocasion (http://www.linuxocasion.net/): Servers and some
workstations (mainly second hand) with Linux.
- Linux Store (http://www.linuxstore.es/): Desktops (and one laptop)
without OS or with Linux.
- Mountain (http://www.mountain.es/): Desktops, workstations, servers
and laptops without OS or with Linux.

> I think we should support these companies by buying from them.

I agree,... but I'd like to be able to buy a laptop without OS in any
computers shop.

> Greetings,
>
> Guido

Best regards