Could there be a law to protect the free choice of operating system?

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Sun Mar 3 14:51:35 UTC 2013

Hello Vicen and others,

Sorry for not having an answer to your actual question, but I wanted
to mention two related things.

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 12:25:44AM +0100, Vicen Rodriguez wrote:

> A few months ago I decided to buy a laptop for one of my children. I
> wanted to buy a new laptop without an operating system (OS) on it to
> install an OS to my liking. It became a complicated problem. Most stores
> selling computers offered me a laptop with an OS installed; it was an OS

Like many of us, I went through the same nightmare and started a
collection of hardware vendors who sell either without any software or
even with Free Software preinstalled:

https://www.wiki.fsfe.org/Hardware%20Vendors

I think we should support these companies by buying from them.

> I don't want to use and I don't want to pay for. Finally, in a town near

Some people were already to claim their "windows tax" back:

https://www.wiki.fsfe.org/WindowsTaxRefund
and in your case especially:
https://www.wiki.fsfe.org/WindowsTaxRefund/Spain

Greetings,

Guido

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []           Edu team & German team