Your input needed: Questions for panel w/ Eben Moglen, RMS, 4 MEPs

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Sun Jun 30 23:00:49 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:39:10PM +0200, Karsten Gerloff wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> on July 9 at the Libre Software Meeting / RMLL in Brussels, we're
> organising a big panel discussion on "Technology, Power and
> Freedom":
>
> 	http://fsfe.org/events/2013/rmll-2013.html
>
> After the news about wide-ranging communications surveillance
> we've heard in recent weeks, this topic is arguably even more
> pressing than it was before. But we want to look at the long term:
>
> What do we need to change in politics and technology today to
> build a better world tomorrow?

TAFTA comes to mind.

Today I've read headlines to the UE complaining to the USA that
allies don't spy each other.

Well do allies pact in secret ? Do they give privileged access
to friends instead of scrutiny in parliaments and press ?
Do you trust someone to spies on you to sell your new copyright
laws to lobbies ?

Or maybe DRM.

Sorry, I'm too asleep, but I d'ont really have information, knowledge
or time to help in something more concrete, I'm afraid.