Your input needed: Questions for panel w/ Eben Moglen, RMS, 4 MEPs

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross maillist_fsfe at aross.me
Sun Jun 30 01:14:57 UTC 2013

Some responses to surveillance/censorship is if enough people all do it
at the same time then they can't stop you all. The message will get
though. They recognise that is ugly but don't think that the evil yuck
yuck (lock-in, monopoly, saas, spybook,etc) can be replaced. There
opinion is that the bad guys, ie gov would be winning by splitting
people up. Those not on spybook and suckers who are. That they admit/are
losing control by switching and so to show that they will not submit or
something, They will keep using spybook.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything or make mistakes.

My thought/question is: but how do you get all those people to do it
when they can kill the campaign off in the early days. Currently they
have been affectedly letting you do your campaigns like in the east but
that’s a false sense of err "security".

Thank you very much for this opportunity and all your work.