Your input needed: Questions for panel w/ Eben Moglen, RMS, 4 MEPs

Karsten Gerloff gerloff at fsfeurope.org
Fri Jun 28 20:39:10 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

on July 9 at the Libre Software Meeting / RMLL in Brussels, we're
organising a big panel discussion on "Technology, Power and
Freedom":

	http://fsfe.org/events/2013/rmll-2013.html

After the news about wide-ranging communications surveillance
we've heard in recent weeks, this topic is arguably even more
pressing than it was before. But we want to look at the long term:

What do we need to change in politics and technology today to
build a better world tomorrow?

For this discussion we're bringing some of the Free Software
movement's leading minds together with the people who represent us
in the European Parliament. We're extremely happy to have a list
of first-rate participants:

  Eben Moglen (Columbia University / Software Freedom Law Center)
  Richard M Stallman (FSF)
  Judith Sargentini (MEP Greens/EFA)
  Marc Tarabella (MEP S&D - tbc)
  Nils Torvalds (MEP ALDE)
  Ioannis A. Tsoukalas (MEP EPP)

I'd like your input: What should we ask these people? What are
your most urgent questions on technology and politics?

Please post your questions here, and we'll gather them and get
them to Brussels.

Thanks & best,
Karsten

--
Karsten Gerloff                      [ ]   <gerloff at fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe   [ ][ ][ ]      [http://fsfe.org]

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).