Security and Javascript

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 28 20:16:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:27, mkesper at schokokeks.org said:

> Tools like etherpad are really useful and I don't think they can be
> implemented without a certain amount of JS at the moment.

Why not implement it as a regular application without the need for a
browser?  It is not harder to install than an app on your phone
("apt-get install etherpad").  And if the developers like, they may
still use JS as the implementation language.  That would be very
different from using downloaded JS.

Writing portable applications is really easy.  There are only three
mainstream OSes these days.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner