Security and Javascript

Michael Kesper mkesper at schokokeks.org
Fri Jun 28 11:27:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am 2013-06-28 13:10, schrieb Fabian Keil:
>> And the last question: if all above is true, do we want to tell this to
>> the public? Does it help? Or would we be seen as being completely
>> paranoid.
>
> I think at first the FSFE should make sure that its own website
> properly works without JavaScript enabled. A good start would be
> fixing or ditching EtherPad whose developers apparently don't care
> about accessibility.

You're mixing up things:
The FSFE website per se shouldn't require JS at all.
Tools like etherpad are really useful and I don't think they can be
implemented without a certain amount of JS at the moment.
That etherpad isn't accessible is a shame, but I think it's not a
restriction of JS per se.

Best wishes
Michael