Security and Javascript

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 28 08:37:44 UTC 2013

I'd like to have some feedback from you. Do you agree with those points?

1) on most computers Javascript is enabled by default

2) This gives anyone a platform to play with parts of their owners
equipment.

3) From a security point you are lost as soon as you give an adversary
the opportunity to control your system.

4) Only non-active web content can guarantee that you keep control over
your equipment.

And the last question: if all above is true, do we want to tell this to
the public? Does it help? Or would we be seen as being completely
paranoid.

Thanks,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
FSFE, Linienstr. 141, 10115 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290 +49-1577-1780003