laptops sold with free software

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Jul 9 13:58:59 UTC 2013

On 07/04/2013 08:49 PM, Marcos Marado wrote:

> Unlike what transpires on that blog post, you can buy some laptops with
> GNU/Linux on a regular shop in some European countries, including Portugal.

The situation in Greece has pretty much changed the market in that
aspect. From a very quick calculation it seems that around 1/3 of the
laptops in a popular shop in Greece [0] are now sold either with some
distribution of Linux or FreeDOS preinstalled. I don't know how much
they actually sell, but before 2010 it was almost impossible to find
such a laptop.

[0].
http://www.e-shop.gr/search_main.phtml?table=PER&category=%D6%CF%D1%C7%D4%CF%C9+%D5%D0%CF%CB%CF%C3%C9%D3%D4%C5%D3&filter-6281=1&filter-6282=1

regards,