[Fsuk-manchester] [FSFE-Manc] Software Freedom Day: Hunt for Skype alternatives

Michael Dorrington michael.dorrington at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 15:55:03 UTC 2013

On 09/01/13 22:00, Anna Morris wrote:
> hi all, haven't been following this overly, though I was at the event. I
> have been playing around today with google hangouts, While they are not
> free software,

I respectful ask that people don't make posts to the Manchester Free
Software mailing list recommending proprietary software, even in the
form of 'Web Apps' running non-free non-trivial Javascript on the
client's machine, that is, they are non-free programs.  For more
information see these articles:

"No, You Won't See Me on Facebook, Google Plus, nor Skype"
<http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2011/11/24/google-plus.html>

"The JavaScript Trap"
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html>

Regards,