A lightweight laptop with SSD and good GNU/linx support?

Michael G lists.n.forums at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:57:10 UTC 2013

>  (...) and numbers count (..)

Exactly. And this is why he should buy it. Given the choice between

a) an expensive laptop with "Microsoft tax" or
b) a comparable, less expensive laptop from a company that might be
evil but still opensources a lot of SW

a) is the preferrable option.
Better still would be c) good, affordable laptop without UEFI and no
SW at all (I don't like preinstalled software, because I think it is
all about freedom and I don't want any specific distro brutally
"suggested" to me)

But if c) is not available, b) is still better than a) (kind of lika a
"least worst" decision)

Have a nice day (and weekend :-))

Michael