[FSFE-Manc] [Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day: Hunt for Skype alternatives

Anna Morris say.hello.to.anna at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 9 22:00:14 UTC 2013

hi all, haven't been following this overly, though I was at the event. I
have been playing around today with google hangouts, While they are not
free software, they are atleast made by a company who has some involvement
with free software. On my OS, kxstudio, there is a great script based
screen recording system - I have been recording the hangouts with great
success.

I hope there will soon be a really good free software video option. Sam and
I tried to call pidgin to pidgin on the FSFE jabber server the other day.
It worked when we were in the same room at the sprint, but it didn't work
at a distance sadly.

Best

Anna

www.ethical-pets.co.uk - The pet shop thats *all sorts *of ethical!