[edu-eu] European Schoolnet and the Future Classroom Lab

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 10 13:48:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

2012/12/11 Thomas Jensch <jensch at fsfeurope.org>:
> * Federico Bruni <bruni at fsfe.org> [051212-0111am]:

>> companies in this project?  Is there any European directive which
>> recommends the use of Free Software in such situations?
> I have to check that, but as far as I recall there is no real
> recommendation.

I had a quick look and also couldn't find anything. There was the news
in December that the
EC postponed its guideline on ICT standardisation and procurement:
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/news/ec-postpones-its-guideline-ict-standardisation-and-procurement

But even if this guidline was in place, it only suggests that "open
source may be considered" as far as I coud see by skimming through it.

Speaking of procurement, there is also the "Guideline on public
procurement of Open
Source Software":
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/sites/default/files/studies/OSS-procurement-guideline-public-final-June2010-EUPL-FINAL.pdf

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

Guido

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido     []         Edu team & German team