OpenERP 7 web client released with AGPL

Federico Bruni bruni at fsfe.org
Sat Feb 2 10:57:33 UTC 2013

Some months ago there was a discussion about the licensing strategies of
OpenERP, which released the server and the GTK client under AGPL and the
web client under a somehow restricting license (can't remember exactly
the restrictions, mainly branding, IIRC).

Can't find the link to the discussion in the archive now, since it's
private (unfortunately) and the password reminder is not working.
I recall someone talking about "open core strategy", since the web
client is way better than GTK client.

I've just learned that since version 7 the GTK client has been
discontinued and only the web client will be actively maintained and
developed.
Good news: it's released with AGPL (as the server), as far as I can see
here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openerp-web/trunk/view/head:/LICENSE

Cheers,
Federico