Big Blue Button Free Software?

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Sat Aug 31 10:12:45 UTC 2013

Thank you all for your feedback. I now remembered that I saw the
software at a conference.

* Carsten Agger <agger at modspil.dk> [2013-08-31 08:35:21 +0200]:

> But if BBB is under the GPL, it's free software. Its dependency on
> Adobe Flash is, if explicit, a design flaw, but that doesn't make
> BBB any less free in itself. Anyone who wanted could switch it to a
> another format provided it's feasible, technically.

For me those questions are important:

- Can you run it on the server, without the need to install non-free
  software?
- Can you use it to do a video conference on your machine without the
  need to install non-free software?

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
FSFE, Linienstr. 141, 10115 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290 +49-1577-1780003