Big Blue Button Free Software?

Robert Kehl rk23 at fsfe.org
Fri Aug 30 23:58:11 UTC 2013

Am 31.08.2013 01:43, schrieb Anton Nikishaev:

> On Aug 31, 2013, at 3:23 AM, Robert Kehl <rk23 at fsfe.org> wrote:
>
>> Correct me if there is a free or even an open source version of a flash
>> viewer - I don't think there is. Hopefully there will never be, as HTML5
>> is the uprising star in active web contents in my eyes.
>
> There is (was?) https://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
> But you are right, flash is almost dead.

If I see it correctly, gnash "only" supports Flash (SWF) 9, the most
recent (and last) Linux version is 11. I would not want to guess what
the porn sites of this world would look like with 9, if they would ever
run.

Not that I'm into porn sites (who is?), but they are the main reasn that
Flash is still there and actively sought after by the users. Just like
the Video Home System (VHS) has made its way back in the 80's - there
were superior technologies available (Video 2000, Beta), but when the
porn industry set on VHS, all other died. So: "Sex sells." Really!

Now, back to work :)

Cheers,

Rob