Big Blue Button Free Software?

Robert Kehl rk23 at fsfe.org
Fri Aug 30 23:23:10 UTC 2013

Am 31.08.2013 00:14, schrieb Immanuel Giulea:
> BBB is considered open source. Not sure if it qualifies for "Free
> Software" under FSF definition.

The components of BBB seem to all be open source, yes, but they use
Adobe's Flash technology as the only component to access content offered
by the product. So the users are forced to use Adobe's Flash viewer,
which is closed source.

Correct me if there is a free or even an open source version of a flash
viewer - I don't think there is. Hopefully there will never be, as HTML5
is the uprising star in active web contents in my eyes.

So, how can a server software be free if we need to use non-free client
software to be able to use it?

Cheers,

Rob