Software Freedom Day: Hunt for Skype alternatives

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 16 07:06:19 UTC 2012

David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> writes:

> Ubuntu included Ekiga in the default install for ages. It works
> perfectly well. They eventually took it out because pretty much no-one
> used it.

Ekiga is still in Debian, and I've never succeeded in getting it to work
with my (Internode) SIP account.

Linphone fares better, but still not very well in my experience: drops
in call quality are common, and abrupt terminations around 5 or 10
minutes into a call are almost certain for me.

--
 \      “If you don't fail at least 90 percent of the time, you're not |
  `\                                    aiming high enough.” —Alan Kay |