Software Freedom Day: Hunt for Skype alternatives

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Sep 13 15:25:17 UTC 2012

Otto Kekäläinen <otto at fsfe.org>
> 2012/9/13 Torsten Grote <Torsten.Grote at fsfe.org>:
> > On Thursday 13 September 2012 14:55:50 Sam Tuke wrote:
> >> We'll be testing out a variety of applications, including Pidgin, Empathy,
> >> and Kopete.
> >
> > Don't forget to evaluate Jitsi. It works quite well for me.
>
> +1 for https://jitsi.org/

Jitsi worked for me over XMPP.  I also use linphone quite a lot,
although the two programs require different (incompatible AFAIK)
features from a SIP server.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing Saturday and my new internet
connection is still sorting itself out... but good luck to you
and please let us know your findings via discussion at fsfeurope!

Regards,