I Have An Possible Chance To Meet An ARM Senior Manager

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross maillist_fsfe at aross.me
Mon Oct 15 15:56:16 UTC 2012

Would you have any thing you would like me to talk about?
Whatever you want me to discuss is of interest to me. Remember I am
hardware newbie.

He is one of the 7 chaps from the beginnings of ARM and still employed.

I have also asked here:
http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2012-October/005795.html
(lots of discussion here)
http://lists.en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/2012-October/009897.html
and on the LibrePlanet discuss ML.

--
This sig is a long one and in dev...

I'm on StatusNet var identi and Diaspora.
http://social.aross.me

Please use the address disposable1 at aross.me in public places. This is
part of my spam control.

Please add to your contacts and use to contact me "<You first name and
your last name>.contacting at aross.me". This is future prof. Part of my
anti spam plan. If I have not created a
<1st&lastname>.contacting at aross.me address please bug me.

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/

Decent, recommended by me, non-proprietary, patent free, royalty free,
FOSS archive formats:

XZ http://tukaani.org/xz/format.html
TAR.GZ or TAR.BZ2 (If you must.)
PEA http://www.peazip.org/pea-archiving-utility.html

A multi platform archiver progam:
http://www.peazip.org/
A comparison of formats:
http://tukaani.org/lzma/benchmarks.html
http://www.peazip.org/peazip-compression-benchmark.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_archivers

mp3,acc,wma,rma,ect audio formats are all rubbish!
Decent audio formats:

Vorbis (lossy) http://www.vorbis.com/
FLAC (lossless) http://flac.sourceforge.net/
Speex (for voice, lossy) http://www.speex.org/

For multimedia containers, I like/love:
MKV http://www.matroska.org/
WebM http://www.webmproject.org/
OGG http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
FLAC (Audio only. Use with the FLAC audio format.)

Good Video formats:

VP8 http://www.webmproject.org/ or H.264 (Not nice legal wise.)
Theora http://www.theora.org/

Take you time with encoding. I don't mined waiting for 12hour long ones,
hope that's ok with you! Aim for best quality too. Do not think you have
to reincode stuff to send it to me. I like my quality even if that means
downloading 4GB mpeg 2 yuck but you will hate uploading that.

The word “hack, hacker, hacking, hacked, etc” is often misused. It does
not mean nasty, evil stuff. Cracker is the word you want. See:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#what_is
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Hacker

Stop Software Patents!

Proudly using distributions of GNU/Linux. No m$ or bapple! No lock-in,
dependence, drm, limits :).