[Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day: Hunt for Skype alternatives

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Thu Oct 4 10:58:32 UTC 2012

On 04/10/12 12:53, MJ Ray wrote:
> Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> [...] could I offer to host a list for this purpose at OpenTelecoms.org ?
>>
>> http://lists.opentelecoms.org
>
> "Please activate JavaScript in your web browser" - could you please
> make that site useful without running mystery code in our browsers?

Have you tried contacting the sympa package maintainer directly?
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=sympa;dist=unstable

or can you suggest an alternative list manager?  I felt mailman wasn't
quite capable of virtual hosting as easily as sympa.

>> A lot of the material at http://www.opentelecoms.org (especially under
>> the Federated VoIP heading) could really help this initiative [...]
>
> Maybe, but I saw nothing on opentelecoms to say what copyright licence
> it's under (go Expat-style?), how to submit improvements, or even who
> to contact about it.  Is it yours?  Might be worth fixing those.

Yes, it is all material I have written and it could be improved with
such details.  I'm contemplating a move to Moin (or running Moin in
parallel) so other people can participate - have you worked with Moin,
Drupal or any other framework that you think is suitable?