petition: official currency code for Bitcoin (BTC?)

Heiki "Repentinus" Ojasild repentinus at fsfe.org
Mon Nov 12 11:38:30 UTC 2012

Hey,

Personally I am of the opinion that FSFE should support an open
crypto-currency. However, I am also of the opinion that BitCoin is not
suitable as the early adopters would benefit rather handsomely at the
expense of everyone else if BitCoin were universally adopted, and that
seems contradictory to the idea of Free Software, of emancipating
users.

P.S. If you pay 6% or 7% for foreign currency payments to your bank,
get a new one. Seriously. They are robbing you.

Cheers,
--
Heiki "Repentinus" Ojasild
FSFE Fellow (en) / FSFE ühinglane (et)