Democratic election and consultation tools

Torsten Grote Torsten.Grote at fsfe.org
Sat Mar 10 13:00:23 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 28 February 2012 17:41:23 you wrote:
> The use cases are: anything that would improve engagement with voters, and
> better inform elected representatives - I don't really know what would turn
> out to work.

Ok then you might also want to have a look at

    http://www.markaspot.de/en/
and
    http://www.ushahidi.com/

Also interesting this Freedom Of Information Request software
    https://github.com/stefanw/froide

> Current models of
> engagement require a high degree of participation or no participation, and
> make consultation with those who can't easily participate a slow and
> expensive process.

Liquid Feedback also allows delegations per topic or globally, so people can
already have an influence with almost no participation relying on people who
participate. In case these people misuse their delegations, they can be
removed at any time.

Regards,
Torsten