A modest proposal to stop INTERNET PIRACY in its tracks

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:31:18 UTC 2012

On 24 January 2012 13:22, Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:
> On Tue 24/01/12 14:15 , David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> My apologies to non-native speakers confused by my post :-)

> My apologies for my poor English. Unfortunately we're so used
> to other "modest proposals" enacted as law even if they are
> obviously bad jokes, that one gets in the habit of too literal reading...

We live in times where "modest proposal" essays in this field are
appropriate. Endless material!

Of course, there's almost no idea so bad someone won't advance it
seriously. Charlie Brooker quit writing his vicious satire of British
television, "TV Go Home" http://www.tvgohome.com/ , when real
television shows started getting that awful.

- d.