Bugs on web page

Reinhard Müller reinhard at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 16 08:36:22 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, den 14.01.2012, 18:56 +0000 schrieb MJ Ray:
> Decisions about one's own work for the team seemed to be usually taken
> by the team, even when they do not affect anyone else much.

I have worked in a number of teams and never experienced this.

It seems to me that you made an experience in a specific case (you
proposed a change of license of our web pages) which was turned down,
could it be that you're generalizing from this a little too much?

> > Even worse: the process is flexible and up to the group to define, as
> > well as all members of the group are fine with it.

Sorry I just saw I wrote nonsense: it should of course mean "as *long*
as all members of the group are fine with it".

> > I know that some Fellowship groups make decisions while they meet
> > over a beer.
>
> To such groups, I wish a abstemious temperance teetotaller!

I said over *a* beer ;-)

> [... 3. Decisions never reported ...]
> > FWIW, I don't think that this is a matter of democracy, it's a matter of
> > communication.
>
> I think it's both.  Communication is necessary for democracy.

Communication *inside* a democratic organisation is of course necessary
for democracy. Certainly we can also improve that, but in this thread we
were (or at least I was) talking about communication to the outside.

Thanks,
Reinhard