Bugs on web page

Martin Gollowitzer gollo at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 12 15:42:27 UTC 2012

* MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> [120112 16:18,
  mID <E1RlMPi-0007Mv-2G at petrol.towers.org.uk>]:

> Thanks for the suggestion to just send things to the general contact
> address.  I'm usually reluctant to do that because the general
> contacts for most websites get confused by technical bug reports.

I think you are right and I also support to have the webmaster's address
on all pages.

> Also, I feel like I should be able to just send in proposed bugfixes,
> so I try to get the source code, which then led me to find that
> related bug of xml mislabelled as xhtml that sidetracked me.

Well, the file extension itself says nothing about the content. Still it
is probably true that the FSFE webserver should not serve these files as
application/xhtml+xml files, but rather as application/xml or text/xml
(I'm Ccing web@ on this again).

Thanks,
Martin