Bugs on web page

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jan 12 15:18:02 UTC 2012

Reinhard Müller <reinhard at fsfe.org>
> BTW, I think this is an excellent example how FSFE's decision making
> works: the team responsible for a given field of work decides
> autonomously for issues within its domain. Within the team decisions are
> made in a democratic - actually in most cases on a consensus based -
> manner, input from outside the team is heard and considered.

I think it's also an example of three ways that FSFE's decision-making
is undemocratic:

 1. IIRC the autonomy is only at team level (in debian, for example,
the autonomy is also generally present at volunteer and project);

 2. the process is structureless/undocumented;

 3. the process is opaque, with the outcome usually appearing without
closure with the reporter/suggester.

Thanks for the suggestion to just send things to the general contact
address.  I'm usually reluctant to do that because the general
contacts for most websites get confused by technical bug reports.
Also, I feel like I should be able to just send in proposed bugfixes,
so I try to get the source code, which then led me to find that
related bug of xml mislabelled as xhtml that sidetracked me.

Hope that explains,