Why “fellowship”?

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 5 15:24:15 UTC 2012

* MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> [2012-01-05 14:36:57 +0000]:

> That seems rather opaque and neither democratic nor do-ocratic.  As
> you may remember, I stopped volunteering when that approach did not
> produce proper consideration of putting any FSFE web pages under a
> free software licence.

(It does not make sense to talk about "democratic" when you talk about
organisations. It just makes sense for states. For organisations we
should talk about participation, transperency, decision making, etc.)

Your input about the license of the FSFE was considered (at least by
me). But a lot of people at that time did not agree with it. That can
also happen in organisations where all members vote on a proposal.

I still think it was bad that you stopped your involvement, because of
this.

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
FSFE, Linienstr. 141, 10115 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290 +49-1577-1780003