Why “fellowship”?

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 5 15:27:45 UTC 2012

* MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> [2012-01-05 15:14:17 +0000]:

> It's more of a practice than a policy, but try to start with volunteer
> work under any other terms than the existing, even when the existing
> terms are not free software, and see how far you don't get.  This may
> have changed in recent years but I'd seen no visible indication of it.

Isn't that true for all organisations? When you want to start working,
you first do that with the rules of the group. Than people see you do
good work, and than you suggest changing rules to the group.

That's the procedure I experienced in FSFE, as well as in other
organisations I took part.

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
FSFE, Linienstr. 141, 10115 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290 +49-1577-1780003