Domain names

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jan 5 11:03:31 UTC 2012

Matthias Kirschner <mk at fsfe.org>
> For the background: fsfeurope.org was used at the beginning. Than we
> registered fsfe.org. We used that as a short sexy domain for the
> Fellowship, when we started it in 2004. Than we changed our outside
> communication from "FSF Europe" to FSFE. [...]

I feel that was a backwards step because "FSF" and "FSF Europe"
reinforced each others names and some technical audiences already knew
FSF.  FSFE is just another non-intuitive ETLA which has to be expanded
more often.

But if you go ahead with fsfe.org as a primary, please keep the
List-Id values the same on the mailing lists.  I think that might
require fixing an old bug in Mailman, to make List-Id configurable and
independent of the email domain, but it would be good to fix that at
last.

Hope that informs,