Domain names

Tanguy Ortolo tanguy+fsfe at ortolo.eu
Thu Jan 5 09:33:08 UTC 2012

Hello all,

This is something I identified some time ago when I started subscribing
to the FSFE, so here it is.

I have seen two domain names in use by the FSFE: <fsfe.org> and
<fsfeurope.org>. I guess that would be a kind of historic legacy, but I
think it weakens the image of FSFE somehow, because even though these
domain names may be used in some interchangeable way, people cannot help
from hesitating, not knowing if this is FSFE <http://www.fsfe.org/> or
FSF Europe <http://www.fsfeurope.org/>. This goes for the Web site, but
also for any other service: mailing-lists, Jabber or whatever.

Has one of these domain names been chosen eventually? And do you think
not that it would be advisable to actively retire the other one?

--
Tanguy Ortolo