[edu-eu] European Schoolnet and the Future Classroom Lab

Eleonora Pantò eleonora.panto at csp.it
Tue Dec 4 11:38:27 UTC 2012

I completely agreee. I was in the FLC for a visit during the
media&learning conference, and I noticed the "windows" effect .. the
people presenting technology was very nice and when we asked (also Edith
Ackermann was there)  for a non proprietary learners response systems
they introuced  http://www.socrative.com/

I  think they should focus more on  cases of good uses of ICT also for
"low budget needs"

My best regards

Eleonora

Il 04/12/2012 9.48, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> a friend of mine is involved in an european project which promotes the
> use of ICT in public schools:
>
> http://fcl.eun.org/living-schools-lab
> http://www.europeanschoolnet.org/
>
> This project is coordinated by several Ministries of Education, but
> it's also supported by some big ICT players, as you can see here:
> http://fcl.eun.org/participate
>
> My friend is concerned about the presence of these companies. It's
> quite likely that they are going to use the project to promote their
> products.  As far as I can see, all these companies produce
> proprietary software or hardware.
>
> What can we do to guarantee the presence of Free Software projects and
> companies in this project?  Is there any European directive which
> recommends the use of Free Software in such situations?
>
> I think that FSFE may take a stand and do some "lobbying" about this
> project.  What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Federico

Interactivity is a property of the technology, while participation is a
property of culture (H. Jenkins)
*Eleonora Pantò*
Digital Contents and Media Manager
CSP - Innovazione nelle ICT s.c.a r.l. <http://www.csp.it>
Sede: Via Nizza, 150 - 10126 - Torino - Italy
*Ingresso: Via Alassio, 11/C *
tel. +390114815111 - cell +393486086090
*skype/twitter: epanto <http://www.twitter.com/epanto>*