A new company that preinstalls Trisquel!!

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Tue Apr 3 13:04:39 UTC 2012

* Antonio Esposito <kobe at member.fsf.org> [2012-03-14 15:48:34 +0100]:

> > Good news indeed. Thanks for letting me know. You might want to inform
> > discussion at fsfeurope.org about that. Beside that we have
> > https://wiki.fsfe.org/Hardware_vendors, where you might want to add it.
>
> I already know the FSFE database and Garlach44 is inside.
>
> The novelty is they are the first company (I know) in Europe that sell
> some computers with Trisquel preinstalled (a completely free
> distribution based on Ubuntu), so they're completely compatible with
> Free Software.

> In conclusion, a good idea might be to give priority to companies who
> preinstall Trisquel (as ThinkPenguin and Garlach44) and list the
> others in a second table explaining why they're in a different table.

This page is a Fellowship ressource, which means that the Fellows who
are working on it, take decisions.

My suggestion would be to to have them highlighted in the list, and
write a short paragraph why they are highlighted (maybe point to FSF's
distribution list).

So yes please go ahead, add them to the list, add a short paragraph
about the topic, and maybe coordiate with the other Fellows, when they
have questions.

Cheers,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
FSFE, Linienstr. 141, 10115 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290 +49-1577-1780003