Shell access

Roscoe rm at fsfe.org
Wed Sep 28 09:17:30 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I've revisited this idea, and I still like it and will push forward
with it. Starting with a single linode [Debian, 512MB, 20GB] instance
then seeing where we need to go from there.

The rules may change in future but as a starting point:

0. Applicable sections of the Linode TOS must be followed
1. Users will not intentionally disrupt the services of other users

The privacy policy is as a starting point:

0. There isn't much privacy in this system, but I'll try to act in good faith
1. As local root exploits are frequent, don't assume the server to be
trustworthy
2. Network information (most likely destination ip:port pairings and
tx/rx), process listings [ps -ef and simliar] and disk usage may be
observed to understand how users are using the service and to identify
resource usage

The service is provided as is, it may break at times. Depending on the
users action it may even stop. It's not my intent nor desire that
people use it as a means to circumvent bans or other do nefarious
things. Nor is it an anonymizing service. The rules and any policies
may change as time goes by.

Email me with requested packages and services and I'll endeavor to set
them up or provide you with the means to do so.

Sign-up is as follows:

Email me a public key, and I'll encrypt and email you at fsfe.org address
login details.

Sound reasonable? Any suggestions? I'm happy to consider anything. The
privacy policy sucks, but if you're after secrecy that's what
tor/gnunet/freenet are for.

There is no nice domain name, I was thinking of registering
fsfesh.net, or if a fsfe.org domain admin feels like it sh.fsfe.org
would be nice (:

Regards,

-- Roscoe

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com