Open Standards in Portugal

Marcos Marado mindboosternoori at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:24:19 UTC 2011

In Portugal, after having a law that forces the Government to use Open
Standards, there's now this division defining how and which open standards to
support... The consultation about it ends at the 30th, and we're still in the
middle of the work for it. Several questions already rose, tho... And I'm
hoping someone can help us answering them in this last few days:

* TLS 1.1 or 1.2 (since the biggest F.S. browsers don't support it)
 * is it true that konqueror supports them?
 * is it true that midori supports them?
 * is there any (free software) mail client that supports SMTPS, POP3S and
   IMAP3S using TLS 1.1 or 1.2 (which one?)

* SQL 92 and SQL 99 - is there any free software database supporting
  completely any of this two standards?

* is there any free software at all supporting (even if only partially) the
  XBRL standard?

Thank you,
--
Marcos Marado