Free software project provides secure alternative to Skype

Sam Tuke samtuke at fsfe.org
Mon Oct 17 13:02:44 UTC 2011

Jitsu is a multi-platform Free Software client with tight XMPP + Jingle
support which, according to this article, works well as a secure Skype
replacement. It also supports secure video calls, and SIP conference calling
(see http://jitsi.org/index.php/GSOC2011/ConfCallChatting).

http://www.dominionpaper.ca/articles/4190

I'd like to try this out myself some time soon. Perhaps we could use the conf
call aspect for larger scale participation in FSFE meetings etc.?

Sam.
--
Sam Tuke
British Team Coordinator
IM : samtuke at jabber.fsfe.org
Latest UK Free Software news: uk.fsfe.org
Is freedom important to you? Join the fellowship.fsfe.org