CA safety (Re: Microsoft supporting tyrants?)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:37:22 UTC 2011

On 31 March 2011 10:31, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> The trouble is that the entire SSL structure, from concept to
> implementation, makes little to no sense and never ever did. Rants on
> the topic from several years ago:
> http://reddragdiva.dreamwidth.org/139625.html
> http://reddragdiva.dreamwidth.org/140089.html
> Regular humans *just don't think like this*.

I should point out that I have had actual application for encrypted
messages, when I was dealing with the Church of Scientology and
communicating with fellow critics. Even with the relatively simple
Enigmail, it was an incredible pain in the backside and a strong
disincentive to use email at all for the purpose. We moved
communication pretty much entirely to our phones soon after. I would
have been the most technically able of the group.

- d.