is free software in part encouraged by high taxation?

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Mar 15 22:20:22 UTC 2011

On 15/03/11 20:44, Novica Nakov wrote:
>> company-support-ecosystem that must go with such approaches, but instead
>> to work on free software providing limited and low-key services and support?
> If your tax estimate is correct then an entrepreneur would have to pay
> the same 50% even if she offers low-key services and support.

Yes, but with a much lower initial investment.
Take free-software, re-use, re-develop, and charge for
hourly/weekly/monthly services.

As nothing is proprietary there is no advantage to having a big sales
team, admin side, marketing strategy - I mean all these things are not
as neccessary as they might be for proprietary softare.

Of course what is saved in that side is also shown in lower prices.

There are exceptions - sernet is perhaps one of them.

Sam