Commercial Software (was: Re: Nokia spreading FUD?)

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Mar 15 15:09:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 10:16 -0400, simo wrote:
> Alex,
> the question was rhetoric and only meant to stress that "commercial
> software" is not an antonym to "free software", therefore discussing in
> those terms is pointless, and for a free software activist even harmful.

Attempting to shut down discussions, particularly on the basis of views
which aren't even on offer, isn't a terribly polite thing to do.

I don't need protection from words, thanks, and I don't think using
words which are in common parlance is particularly dangerous or
harmful.

What is harmful, though, is attempting to portray people as siding on
one side when they're actually on the other. It's divisive.

Cheers

Alex.

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com