Commercial Software

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Mar 15 09:56:40 UTC 2011

Maybe "commercial software" is software where the rights of use and
conveyance for the recipient must be negotiated with respect to
commercial considerations (transfer of value in return).

Free software would not be commercial because the grant of use and
conveyance for the recipient does not require commercial consideration.

It would be commercial software because restricted administration of the
rights of use and conveyance of software is the basis of commerce for
the rights holder.

Sam

--
[FSF Associate Member #2325]