Why political liberty depends on software freedom more than ever

Thomas Jost schnouki at fsfe.org
Wed Mar 9 08:16:27 UTC 2011

Le 08/03/2011 20:14, micu a écrit :
> Here is the talk: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BSLBvwyUEs>
>
> You can get an OGG Theora version of the video here:
> <http://videobin.org/v/3/3zo.ogg>
>
> A transcript of the talk can be found here
> <http://www.softwarefreedom.org/events/2011/fosdem/moglen-fosdem-keynote.html>
>
> This whole post on my blog:
> <http://www.micuintus.de/2011/03/08/why-political-liberty-depends-on-software-freedom-more-than-ever/>

Hello micu,

Thanks for all of this.

There has also been a lot of work on this talk recently on the
Translators mailing list (mostly thanks to stelios), where we started
making subtitles for this video. The subtitles are already available in
English and Greek, and the French version is "work in progress" (i.e. "I
wish I had more time to do it").

The current work is available on Universal Subtitles, a very nice (and
FS-powered) website where you can subtitle videos in multiple languages
and that works with multiple formats (YouTube, other .flv, and various
HTML5-compatible formats). Here is the link:
http://universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/MXaB9TJJoGAJ/

I also converted the original .avi video to Ogg Theora, WebM and H.264,
first in the original resolution, then in "medium" and "small" versions
that can be better for streaming. They are all available here:
http://fichiers.schnouki.net/fsfe/fosdem2011/
(it also includes a small HTML5 + JavaScript player that supports
multiple subtitle tracks)

If you are motivated, any other translation of the subtitles would be
really appreciated :) (you can do that either on Universal Subtitles, or
offline with a subtitle editor such as Gaupol...)

Let's spread the word!

--
Regards,
Thomas/Schnouki