Your views on the fellowship interviews

Karsten Gerloff gerloff at fsfeurope.org
Tue Mar 8 09:07:18 UTC 2011

Hi Sam,

thanks for the survey!

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 06:15:23PM +0000, Sam Tuke wrote:
> The new series of fellowship interviews[1] has now been going for several
> months. Chris Woolfrey (interviewer) and I (editor) would appreciate any
> comments and general feedback on the interviews published thus far, or views
> on their direction in future.
>
> Please reply before Wednesday 09.03.11.
>
> Please share your views on any or all of the following:
>
> 1. Do you read the interviews regularly?

yes

> 2. Do you find them interesting or informative?

yes, very

> 3. Do you find them entertaining?

hm. More informative than entertaining, but that's very ok -- when
I read those interviews, I usually want to be informed, not
entertained.

> 4. Do you think they appeal to people outside of the FS community? Should
> they?

The interviews were conceived to show that there are real people
behind the Fellowship. So while having them appeal to people
outside the Free Software community would be nice, it's not
essential. They should be accessible to those who are interested,
but who haven't yet been part of the community for a long time.

> 5. Do you believe that they focus strongly enough on FS?

Yes. An important effect of the Fellowship interviews is to show
that Free Software is everywhere, that it's a common thread
throughout technology. And the Fellowship interviews do an
excellent job of showing that.

> 6. Do you believe that they focus too much on FS?

see above

> 7. How could the interviews be brought to new audiences / be more effectively
> promoted?

Good question :-)

We're already doing many of the obvious things.

How about trying to get them syndicated with some larger
publication, like computerweekly.co.uk?

> 8. Do you have any strong recommendations for future candidates?

Not off the top of my head, but I'll think about it.

@everyone: If you have an idea for someone who should be
interviewed, please let Chris and Sam know.

> 9. Any other comments?

keep up the good work!

Best regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Gerloff                      [ ]   <gerloff at fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe   [ ][ ][ ]      [http://fsfe.org]

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).