EC Consulation - audiovisual works

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 21 08:29:25 UTC 2011

Hi Nicola,

(When Karsten is back from vacation he can decide how we want to move
forward here, but it already helps if we gather some more information.)

* Nicola Bignami <nicola at kernel-panic.dnsdojo.net> [2011-07-20 20:11:43 +0200]:

> Altough compulsory DRM systems are apparently not imposed, the
> document considers only the non-free contents and mainly focuses on
> things like the defense of the copyright and of the intellectual
> property.

What beside copyright is involved? Does it also cover patents,
trademarks or other monopoly rights?

> Seems that the only purpose of this consultation is to
> find a common way to remunerate and tutelate the copyright holders
> across every nation of Europe and to define what rights they can
> negate to the final users.

So in the document there is no mentioning of software or anything about
restricting computer users?

Thanks,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
Free Software is important to you? Join today! (fsfe.org/join)