EC Consulation - audiovisual works

Nicola Bignami nicola at kernel-panic.dnsdojo.net
Wed Jul 20 18:11:43 UTC 2011

Il 19/07/2011 15:27, Matthias Kirschner ha scritto:
> We have been informed about this consulation:
> http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2011/audiovisual_en.htm
>
>    Green Paper on the online distribution of audiovisual works in the
>    European Union: opportunities and challenges towards a digital single
>    market
>
> Does someone have time to check if there are some nasty things like DRM
> involved, and report it back, so we can react?

It seems to be a consultation aimed to unify the audio/video market
across Europe.
Altough compulsory DRM systems are apparently not imposed, the document
considers only the non-free contents and mainly focuses on things like
the defense of the copyright and of the intellectual property. Seems
that the only purpose of this consultation is to find a common way to
remunerate and tutelate the copyright holders across every nation of
Europe and to define what rights they can negate to the final users.