Can WebM already be called an open standard?

Hugo Roy hugo at fsfe.org
Sat Jan 22 20:39:21 UTC 2011

Le samedi 22 janvier 2011 à 20:44 +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors a écrit :
> Hugo Roy <hugo at fsfe.org> writes:
> > For PDF, yes, it is an open standard: see for instance
> > http://pdfreaders.org
>
> That lists multiple incomplete implementations of PDF. Point
> http://fsfe.org/projects/os/def.en.html of requires multiple complete
> ones and has many more points. Mostly I'm interested in getting
> information on how PDF passes point 4.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The explanation is on http://pdfreaders.org
Mainly for point 4, PDF is managed by ISO. All the information is on the
website.

Best,
  Hugo Roy                           im: hugo at jabber.fsfe.org
  French Coordinator               mobile: +33 (0)6 0874 1341

The Free Software Foundation Europe works to create general
understanding and support for software freedom in politics, law,
business and society. Become a Fellow http://www.fsfe.org/join