Dilma announced new minister of culture --- and the end of the progressive Brazilian free software / internet politics?

micu micuintus at gmx.de
Tue Jan 4 13:07:42 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

the internet policy of the Brazilian government is well-known to be very
progressive since Lula became president in 2003 --- at least, when it
comes to free software, free culture and overcoming the digital divide
[1-8] (sorry: some links only in German :().

But a few days ago, Dilma, the new Brazilian president, announced a new
minister of culture. This *could* mean a huge change in the Brazilian
copyright policy, or---even worse---an end to the progressive internet
and IT policy in Brazil in general:

       "Dilma announced new minister of culture – and the end of the
        copyright reform?"
        <http://www.vgrass.de/?p=611>

I guess, we all want to hope the "Open Letter by the Brazilian civil
society to President-elect Roussef and Minister of Culture Ana Buarque
de Hollanda" (http://www.vgrass.de/?p=638) will be heard.

Kind regards,

micu

PS: Richard Stallman on the Sharing Licence in Brazil:
http://www.vgrass.de/?p=543
[1]
http://www.archive.org/details/WOS4_14_20h_BrazilTheFreeCultureNation

[2] Dissertation von Salvador Millaleo H.: Die Politik der freien libre
Open Source Software in Lateinamerika: Zum techno-politischen Regime der
Software in Argentinien, Brasilien und Chile.
http://bieson.ub.uni-bielefeld.de/volltexte/2010/1687/

[3] http://news.northxsouth.com/2009/05/18/brazil-is-aggressively-
expanding-their-telecentro-program-community-free-software-workshops-
and-technology-education/

[4] http://www2.mandriva.com/de/news/press/?p=145&s=0

[5] http://waste.informatik.hu-
berlin.de/grassmuck/Texts/09-02-25_ILA_Commons.html

[6]
http://www.netzpolitik.org/2010/npp-092-volker-grassmuck-ueber-brasilien

[7] http://dotsub.com/view/40fd8f9c-fcb0-462f-b44c-ca6c38acdd9c

[8]
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/Fahrplan/track/Society/3592.en.html
--
GnuPG:		https://www1.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s3418892/micuintus.asc
Fingerprint:	1A15 A480 1F8B 07F6 9D12 3426 CEFE 7455 E4CB 4E80

<<</>>

http://www.micuintus.de