Usability Studies

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at fsfe.org
Tue Feb 22 15:28:41 UTC 2011

Hi Matthias,

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:40:45 +0100 Matthias Kirschner wrote:
> for an interview I was asked if Free Software is less useable than
> non-free software. Do you have any good studies which I can include in
> the reply?

Some years ago Novell did some usability studies regarding GNOME and KDE.
Afaik this studies doesn't compare the usability with other (proprietary)
desktops but maybe you can use it to show that Free Software desktops
care about usability and that they actively work on usability issues.

[1] http://www.betterdesktop.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main

best wishes,
Björn

--
Björn Schießle
Free Software Foundation Europe (fsfe.org)