Usability Studies

Giacomo Poderi poderi1980 at yahoo.it
Tue Feb 22 15:17:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 22/02/11 15:40, Matthias Kirschner wrote:
> for an interview I was asked if Free Software is less useable than
> non-free software. Do you have any good studies which I can include in
> the reply?

AFAIK

there's no academic study which *specifically* compares usability in proprietary
software against Free Software.

Usually, that FS involve more usability problems than proprietary software is
the assumption that is used to bring forward other specific research aims.

If you want to have a quick look at one of these ref. They are the ones that are
most typically cited (I think you can easily find them through scholar.google.com):