d-cubes, open pc and openpandora - cool?

Federico Bruni bruni at fsfe.org
Sat Apr 16 09:31:43 UTC 2011

Il giorno ven, 15/04/2011 alle 15.56 +0200, Bernhard Reiter ha scritto:
> There are a number of small endeavours to produce hardware
> ideal for Free Software. Does anyone have experience with:
>
> http://www.d-cubes.be/
> Belgian mini-company selling mini-computer: light and mini

interesting... I'm currently looking for a silent and compact mini PC
which fully supports GNU/Linux

unfortunately this experience lasted 5 months, they stopped their
activities (read the news in homepage)

> http://open-pc.com/
> A community for building an open pc, three sellers, three designs:
> Open-PC "1", "Micro" and "XS".

this is still active
I just wonder if it really works with *free* drivers... anyone have
detailed information about it?

> Maybe they need more promotion?

The FSF is replacing this list:
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw